Strategies to help YOU help your children make confident decisions about their education and careers.
Are your children having to make education or employment choices and would like your help? Do you feel qualified to do this?
Wherever your children are on the path through school or higher education to the world of work, equip yourself to be better able to help them explore their options.
We are delighted that Tinker Tailor - experts in helping young people connect with their true talents and explore their career opportunities - have agreed to come to Shalbourne to run a workshop for parents. It is not a parenting class! It will be an opportunity to arm yourself with information and techniques to improve your children's self-awareness, self-confidence and self-sufficiency. You will leave with some tips and tools designed to help you guide your children through process of making confident and informed decisions about their future.
The workshop will include a series of exercises and provide information relating to:
- A' level choices - What am I good at? What do I love? What do I think I might want to do in the future?
- Work experience? What are the alternatives?
- University? What are the alternatives?
- Gap year or no gap year?
- What's more important academic success or soft skills and life experience?
- What are employers and university admissions tutors really looking for?
- Job applications, CVs, personal statements and preparing for an ever-changing job market.
The workshop will be delivered by Tinker Tailor - coaches experienced at engaging young people between the ages of 16-25 years and with links to the world of work and current knowledge of what employers are looking for are.
There will be plenty of group discussion and the opportunity to discuss individual issues with Tinker Tailor at the end of the morning.